Saratoga Hospital Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
Dot Weir, RN, CWON, CWS
Dot has been a registered nurse since 1976 and began her practice of ostomy and wound management in 1980. She has practiced in acute care, home care and long-term care, spent 7 years in industry, and has practiced in outpatient care since 2001. She has been Board Certified by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Certification Board since 1985 and The American Board of Wound Management since 2004. She has also authored or co-authored numerous book chapters and papers. She practices at the Saratoga Hospital Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine in Saratoga Springs, New York.
• Co-Chair of the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care
• Co-Director of the Wound Track for AMP, the Amputation Prevention Symposium.
• Faculty of the Wound Certification Prep Course (since 2004)
• Member and Secretary of the Board of the International Wound Infection Institute and serving on the Guidelines Update Working Group
• Chair of the Practicing Clinician Panel for “Why Wound Care”
• Member of the International Planning Committee for the 2020 World Union of Wound Healing Societies conference to be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Member the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society
• Member of the World Council of Enterostomal Therapy,
• Member Wound Healing Society
• Founding Editor and continues on Editorial Board of the Today’s Wound Clinic journal
• On speaker’s bureau and Medical Advisory Boards for several wound manufacturers
• National and International lecturer on all aspects of Wound Management