The ASAM Virtual Review Course
July 22 - 24, 2021
The Essential Primer in Addiction Medicine…
The essential primer for physicians and healthcare professionals in addiction medicine is going virtual once again! The ASAM Review Course has a major impact on helping physicians prepare for the addiction medicine examination and increasing attendees’ knowledge on addiction.
The course offers two-and-a-half days of live-stream lectures that will also include engagement activities from Thursday, July 22 to Saturday, July 24. The session topics are mapped to the addiction medicine exam blueprint and feature an outstanding lineup of faculty. New this year will be scheduled opportunities to network with faculty and colleagues. Following the event, all sessions will be available on-demand for the next three years in ASAM’s e-Learning Center.Click here
to register for The ASAM Virtual Review Course.
Just prior to The ASAM Virtual Review Course, two additional pre-courses are being offered July 20 & 21, 2021. These courses require separate registration but will offer additional CME. Save when you register for two or more!
The ASAM Virtual Moving Beyond the Barriers of Treating Opioid Use Disorder Course
(OB/GYN Focus) – Tuesday, July 20, 2021The ASAM Virtual Fundamentals of Addiction Medicine Workshop
– Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge on the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match the needs of a specific patient
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse
Who Should Participate
The ASAM Virtual Review Course provides an up-to-date review of the core content of addiction medicine for:
- Physicians preparing for the ABPM or AOA Board Certification Examination in addiction medicine
- Addiction specialists seeking a "refresher" course that incorporates recent developments in addiction science and practice
- Non-specialist physicians and other healthcare professionals seeking the knowledge to identify and manage problems related to substance use disorders for their patients