Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
Wake Forest School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
• Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA (1970-74)
• Internal Medicine Internship, Residency, Chief Resident - Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, NY, NY (1974-1977)
• Cardiology Fellow, Emory University School of Medicine (1977-1981)
• Started PCI program at Bowman Gray Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC (1981)
• Medical Director, Cardiovascular Information Services, WFBMC (1999-present)
• Professor Cardiovascular Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine (2005-present)
• Editorial Board: Journal of the American College of Cardiology – Cardiovascular Interventions (2008-present)
• Pertinent recent trials – institutional Principal Investigator: NHLBI WAVE 5 PCI Registry; EXCEL Left Main Trial; TRANSLATE-ACS Registry; Tryton Bifurcation Study; EVOLVE II Clinical Trial, ARTEMIS.
• Full CV under separate cover
• Fellow, American College of Cardiology (1985)
• Fellow, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (2008)
Selected Pertinent First Author Publications
• Kutcher MA: Emergency Surgery Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. In Samady H, Fearon W, Yeung A, King SB III (eds.): Interventional Cardiology. New York, McGraw-Hill, Second Edition 2018.
• Kutcher MA, Klein LW, Ou F-S, Wharton, TP Jr., Dehmer GJ, Singh M, Anderson HV, Rumsfeld JS, Weintraub WS, Shaw RE, Sacrinty MT, Woodward A, Peterson ED, Brindis RG. Percutaneous coronary interventions in facilities without cardiac surgery on site: A report from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol 2009; 54:16-24.
• Kutcher MA. Appropriate PCI use: Making sense of the guidelines and appropriateness criteria. Cardiac Interventions Today (Editor, Dr. Ted Feldman), January-February 2012.
• Kutcher MA, Brennan JM, Rao SV, Dai D, Anstrom KJ, Mustafa N, Sedrakayan A, Booth MB, Douglas PS, Messenger JC. Comparative effectiveness of drug-eluting stents on long-term outcomes in elderly patients treated for in-stent restenosis: A report from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2014;83:171–181. (Editors Choice)
Saturday, August 29, 2020
8:10 AM – 8:15 AM