(Add-On) Academy Training: Power BI Data Visualizations & Storytelling - Full Day Workshop
Power BI Data Visualizations & Storytelling - Full Day Training
With the increased availability of data, the ability to communicate data effectively is becoming a sought after skill. Effective data storytelling starts with questions: Which data to pick? What data not to pick? How to visualize it? How to keep it performant? Also, most importantly how to retain the corporate brand?
During this full day PreCon, we will review ways to determine what data to pick and how to present the data optimally and beautifully to diverse business users like Analysts, stakeholder and Execs. We will achieve it by exploring some of the psychology around how humans perceive data by looking into the gestalt principles of perception and how we can apply these principles in data visualization best practices. We will also look at how to use corporate color schemes and principles and how to template these for reuse between the teams.
By the end of the session attendees will get an understanding of the following:
• Different types of visualizations available in Power BI
• Understanding of what visuals to use based on audience and categories of data
• How to format Power BI visuals and how to use features like Analytics (adding Min, Max, Constant, Average and Median lines), Q&A
• Color theory, themes in Power BI and how to use colors and themes in data visuals
• How to layout visuals for the better readability and how to use Power BI Background, Wallpaper and Filter panes to instantly makeover the reports
• How to design interactive reports using Power BI functionalities: Bookmarks, Selections, drill down and drill through
• Power BI Templates and how to use existing corporate branding in Power BI Models and reuse it
• Data modelling - How to use model design layout, comments, Naming Conventions and hide/view capabilities for better usability