Sunday Short Courses
Additional fees apply. Visit https://www.slas2020.org/program/short-course-program/ for registration fees.
Genome editing tools such as CRISPR-Cas9 are reshaping what is possible within the biological sciences. This course will introduce the possibilities of what can be achieved with genome editing, the current limitations, and the fundamentals of how to apply these technologies to enhance the pursuit of targets and therapeutics.
Who Should Attend
• Assay and HTS biologists
• Those interested in drug discovery technology
• Scientists working on functional genomics and genetic screens
• Those wanting to learn the basics of CRISPR/Cas9 technology and how it can be practically applied
• Up-to-date information on the tools, methods and applications of genome editing
• Workflows for typical experiments and practical use cases
• Case studies
• Genome engineering concepts
• Gene editing in 2020: Workflows to creating knockouts and knocking cell lines
• CRISPR-Cas9 and beyond – tools of the trade
• Applications of genome editing in functional genomics
• Practical guides to using genome editing tools in genetic screens