Saturday Short Courses
Additional fees apply. Visit https://www.slas2020.org/program/short-course-program/ for registration fees.
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals and applications of flow cytometry across a range of life science applications. Flow cytometry has become a go-to technology for single cell analysis and has also entered the world of high through-put screening. Those who want to learn about the fundamentals of how flow cytometry works, and the background to the field & applications will find this course attractive.
Who Should Attend:
• Individuals with little or no knowledge of the field of flow cytometry but would like to learn more about the field
How You Will Benefit From This Course:
• You will understand the unique terminology as well as all of the fundamental concepts that will be taught by experienced teachers who know how to impart knowledge in easy-to-understand ways.
• How a flow cytometer works
• Light sources and optics
• Detectors and electronics
• Fluorophores and fluorescence
• Data analysis and software
• Cell proliferation and death
• Cell sorting