Pediatric Cardiology Fellow
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
I am a second-year pediatric cardiology fellow at UT Southwestern/Children's Health Dallas. I plan to pursue an advanced year in interventional congenital cardiology after completing a three-year categorical fellowship. I aspire to become part of the next generation of trained interventionists who will reduce the radiation burden on patients. It is our mission that a radiation-free heart catheterization will become the standard of care for patients in the future. I envision myself working at a large academic institution, where I will devote my time equally to research and clinical work.
July 2017 - June 2020 – Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center - Dallas
July 2014 - June 2017 – Pediatrics Residency - UT Health Medical Center - San Antonio
July 2010 - June 2014 – Masters of Public Health (MPH) - UT Health Medical Center - Houston
July 2010 - June 2014 – Doctor of Medicine (MD) - UT Health Medical Center - San Antonio
July 2006 - June 2010 – Bachelor of Arts (BA) – University of Texas (UT) at Austin
1) Arar, Y, MD, Veeram Reddy, S.R, MD, Zellers, T.M, MD, Nugent, A.M, MBBS, Dimas, V.V, MD, Tandon, A. MD, Hussain, T, MD, PhD. 3D Advanced Imaging Overlay for Congenital Heart Disease Intervention with Rapid Registration. SCCT. Jul, 2018.
2) Arar, Y, Andrews, T, and Aune, G. Cardiotoxic Equivalence Amongst Anthracyclines. WJPCHS. Feb, 2017.
1) Yousef Arar, MD, Riad Abou Zahr, MD, Tarique Hussain, MD, Ph.D, Jennifer Hernandez, MD, Gerald Greil, MD, Ph.D, Sébastien Roujol, Ph.D, Mari Nieves Velasco Forte, MD, Surendranath R. Veeram Reddy, MD. Radiation-Free Heart Catheterization using MRI - First 10 cases. PICS (2018).
2) Yousef Arar, MD, Tarique Hussain, MD, PhD, V. Vivian Dimas, MD, Alan W. Nugent, MBBS, Thomas M. Zellers, MD, Jennifer Hernandez, MD, Surendranath R. Veeram Reddy, MD. Advanced Imaging Techniques for Management of Coarctation of the Aorta Prior to Transcatheter Intervention. CSI-UCSF (2018).
3) Yousef Arar, MD, Tarique Hussain, MD, PhD, Ryan Davies, MD, Steven J. Kass, MD, Kavita Sharma, MD, Alan Nugent, MD. Interventional Catheterization Trifecta – Combined aortic valvuloplasty, muscular VSD device closure and coarctation stent to complete a two-ventricle repair in a 3 month-old infant. CSI-UCSF (2018).
4) Yousef Arar, MD, Vivian V. Dimas, MD, Silvestre Duran, MD, Kristine J. Guleserian, MD, Ryan R. Davies, MD, Alan W. Nugent, MBBS, Thomas M. Zellers, MD, Surendranath R. Veeram Reddy, MD. A Staged Neonatal Hybrid Approach for Coarctation of the Aorta. NeoHeart Society (2018).
5) Yousef Arar, MD, Anna Legostaev, MD, Elaine Maldonado, MD. One in a million diagnosis: CAVC complicated by ALCAPA. UTHSCSA Pediatric Research Day (2017).
1) W.W. Caruth Scholar - CCRAC Peer-Reviewed Intramural Grant (2018-2020, $70,000)
2) CSI-UCSF Fellow Course Scholarship (2018, $1,000)
3) Gold Humanism Honors Award (2015-2017)
Thursday, February 13, 2020
2:45 PM – 2:55 PM
Thursday, February 13, 2020
3:15 PM – 3:25 PM
Friday, February 14, 2020
11:36 AM – 11:45 AM