Tao Zhang, Ph. D.
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy, Husson University
One College Circle, Bangor, Maine, 04401
Phone: 207-404-5607 (O)
2014-present Assistant Professor of Pharmacokinetics, Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Husson University
• Anticancer drug discovery and molecular mechanistic study of compounds targeting cancer stem cells (CSCs)
• Preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic data analysis, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modeling, physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling and simulation, dosage regimen optimization
2016-present Faculty Associate, Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, University of Maine at Orono
2016 Visiting associate research scientist, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
2015 Visiting associate research scientist, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
2010-2014 Investigator II, DMPK, Translational Sciences, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
• Ph.D. – Pharmaceutical Sciences (2008-2010) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. Advisor: Duxin Sun, Ph.D.
• Ph.D. Pre-Candidate – Ohio State Biochemistry Program (2005-2008) The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. Advisor: Duxin Sun, Ph.D.
• Master of Philosophy – Marine Environmental Science (2003-2005) Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, P.R. China
• Bachelor of Science – Biotechnology (1999-2003) Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, P. R. China