The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
Founded in 1906, the ASBMB’s mission is to advance the science of biochemistry and molecular biology and to promote the understanding of the molecular nature of life processes. The society serves the scientific community through:
- Publication of scientific and educational journals
- Organization of scientific meetings
- Advocacy for funding of basic research and education
- Support of career development and science education at all levels
- Promoting the diversity of individuals entering the scientific workforce
Learn more about how you can get involved by visiting: www.asbmb.org.