Skip to main content
reVISION ASLA 2020 Code of Conduct
At our first ever fully virtual experience, reVISION ASLA 2020, we want to ensure our attendees find value in both the content that we are delivering as well as the interactions experienced with others. Our commitment to you as an attendee is to offer opportunities to learn about new technologies, feel inspired by leaders in landscape architecture, and connect with peers who are facing similar challenges.
In order to meet this commitment, we have assembled an Event Code of Conduct. We ask that all attendees review and embrace the following guidelines in order to ensure this year’s virtual conference is a great experience for all who attend.
- Participate during sessions with comments and questions and engage in respectful civil discourse
- Engage and interact with members, exhibitors and partners of the ASLA colleagues on the throughout the virtual experience
- Treat everyone with respect
- Use good judgment
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees
- Share your conference login with other individuals
- Post or share recorded content or screenshots from the conference with other parties or platforms
- Post your own services, products, or causes throughout the duration of the conference
- Post content that is off-topic, or use of profanity, through the chat or Q&A functionality, or in live chat rooms
- Disrupt talks or other events for a sustained period of time
- Deliberately intimidate, stalk, or threaten anyone
- Make verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and/or religion
- Advocate for or encourage any of the above behavior
If we believe you are not complying with this Code of Conduct, your post(s) will be deleted from the reVISION ASLA 2020 platform. If you continue to engage in inappropriate behavior and breach this Code of Conduct, we will remove your login from the event and deny you access to all American Society of Landscape Architecture events in the future.
Reporting Code of Conduct Violations:
If, while at reVISION ASLA 2020, you have been involved in or have witnessed an incident that violates the reVISION Code of Conduct, we will fully investigate the incident and take whatever action is necessary to resolve the issue and prevent a recurrence. You can make a report by emailing Curtis Millay and any incident is dealt with strict confidentially.