Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike/Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Nigeria
Engr. Dr. Chinedu M. Agu, a lecturer/researcher with the Department of Chemical Engineering, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Nigeria, obtained his PhD in Chemical Engineering on 13th March 2019 at the age of 32 from the prestigious Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria, and Masters and Bachelor Degrees in the same discipline from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka and Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Nigeria, respectively. His research interest is in the area of bio-oils production and vegetable oil modification, with special interest in bio-transformer fluid production, using available underutilized vegetable oil seeds/nuts in Nigeria. Since 2015, he has published fifteen (15) international journal articles in high impact factor journals, as well as a book chapter in this area and similar areas of interest. Currently, Dr. Agu is working on a number of projects and several other works of his are at various levels of publication processes.
Some of his published works are listed here.
1. Chinedu Matthew Agu., Matthew Chukwudi Menkiti., Ekwe B Ekwe., Albert Chibuzor Agulanna. 2020. Modeling and optimization of Terminalia catappa L. kernel oil extraction using response surface methodology and artificial neural network. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aiia.2020.01.001
2. Chinedu M. Agu., Matthew C. Menkiti., Joseph T. Nwabanne., Okechukwu D. Onukwuli. 2019. Comparative assessment of chemically modified Terminalia catappa L. kernel oil samples – A promising ecofriendly transformer fluid. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2019.111727
3. Menkiti Matthew C., Agu Chinedu M., Agu Ijeoma E., 2019. Extraction kinetics and physicochemical studies of Terminalia catappa L kernel oil for bio-transformer fluid production. Iranian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
4. Chinedu M. Agu, Chukwuma H. Kadurumba, Albert C. Agulanna, Ozioma O. Aneke, Ijeoma E. Agu, Joy N. Eneh., 2018. Nonlinear Kinetics, Thermodynamics, and parametric studies of Colocynthis vulgaris Shrad Seeds oil extraction. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2018.06.074
5. Chinedu M. Agu., Chukwuma H. Kadurumba., Charles C. Orakwue., Nndubisi P. Mbamalu, Albert C. Agulanna, 2018. Optimization of key process parameters for solvent extraction of oil from Colocynthis vulgaris Shrad seeds using response surface methodology. https://doi.org/10.1080/22243682.2018.1445557
6. Menkiti Matthew C., Agu Chinedu M., Udeigwe Theophilus., 2017. Kinetics and parametric studies for the extractive synthesis of oil from Terminalia catappa L kernel. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11144-016-1101-y
7. Menkiti Matthew C., Agu Chinedu M., Ejikeme P. M., Onyelucheya O. E., 2017. Chemically improved Terminalia catappa L. oil: A possible renewable substitute for conventional mineral transformer oil. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2017.01.037
8. Matthew C. Menkiti., Ocholi Ochoje., Chinedu M. Agu., 2017. Production of an Environmentally Adapted Lubricant Basestock from Nigerian Jatropha Curcas specie Seed Oil. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40090-017-0116-1
9. Agu Chinedu M., Menkiti Matthew C., 2017. Effects of natural antioxidants on the essential properties of modified Terminalia catappa L. kernel oil: A possible substitute to mineral oil transformer fluid. https://doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2017.1409056
10. Menkiti Matthew C., Agu Chinedu M., Udeigwe Theophilus., 2015. Extraction of oil from Terminalia catappa L.: Process parameter impacts, kinetics, and thermodynamics. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2015.08.019
11. Agu Chinedu M., Menkiti Matthew C., Kadurumba Chukwuma, Menkiti Nwasinachi., 2015. Process parameters optimization for transformer oil extraction from Terminalia catappa seed using response surface methodology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/22243682.2015.1088794
Monday, June 29, 2020
10:55 AM CDT