VP of Pharmacy Programs
Christina Barrington, PharmD is Vice President of Pharmacy Programs at Priority Health. She leads both the pharmacy operations and clinical pharmacy teams. In this role she is responsible for setting strategy for the Pharmacy department and managing the pharmaceutical services budget across the organization.
Barrington’s areas of expertise include clinical pharmacy, benefit design, and strategic planning. She plays a key role in forecasting pharmacy trends and implementing innovative strategies to manage Pharmacy networks and promote the strategic vision of Priority Health.
Prior to joining Priority Health, Barrington was Senior Director of Clinical Quality Management at OptumRX, where she oversaw and set direction for their clinical quality management program. Prior to that, she also held a number of leadership roles throughout the health care and pharmaceutical industry.
• Treasurer, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
• Chairman of the Finance Committee, Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy
• Former member of the 2016 Measures Advisory and Research Group, URAC
• Former board member, Illinois Foundation for Quality Health Care
• Former President, Academy Managed Care Pharmacy Midwest Affiliate
• Committee member, National Diabetes Education Panel
Dr. Barrington earned her bachelor and doctor of pharmacy degrees from St. Louis College of Pharmacy in Missouri, and completed her residency in clinical pharmacy practice at University Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
11:00am – 12:00pm