Senior Project Manager
Daniel Ashcroft, Senior Project Manager at the BBC working in the Major Projects Infrastructure department of the Design and Engineering division. I am a keen project professional and technology enthusiast who enjoys delivering capabilities that drive positive outcomes and business benefits.
Responsible for a 5 year programme of works delivering broadcast infrastructure into BBC Wales new headquarters in Cardiff. Leading a large team of over 50 direct/indirect reports and 3rd party suppliers that delivered:
• Grass Valley/Cisco Broadcast Data Center SMPTE 2110 IP Video and Audio routing system
• Cisco Audio over IP (AoIP), AES-67 and Dante Network
• Cisco Management and Control Network
• HP Virtualisation Platform (VMware)
• Broadcast Networked Control System (BNCS)
• Riedel Communications, Intercom and Talkback system (AoIP/AES-67/Dante)
• Vertiv KVM System
• Satellite dishes and associated distributions
• Video, Audio and data telecoms lines and circuit connectivity (MPLS/WAN/ISDN)
Project Manager for BBC Sport at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. Delivered the Broadcast Networked Control System (BNCS) that provided control and automation of key broadcast infrastructure on site at the International Broadcast Centre, TV Studios and all Olympic Venues.
Thursday, October 29, 2020
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT