As the volume, velocity and variety of data continue to grow, creating ‘intelligent’ goals, KPIs (key performance indicators), trends and actions that deliver true insight is a challenge. One of the proven and most effective ways to engage users and communicate data is by using the power of visual storytelling. Our BI Dashboard Formula (BIDF) methodology four-part visual storyboard will have you crafting compelling data stories with your users in no time.
Whether you are a BI beginner or veteran, this 100% hands-on, non-technical workshop will teach you how to take any goal, KPI, or metrics and transform them into a compelling written data story! By working in teams with your peers, you will apply the techniques you learned during the short lectures immediately to a real-world use case. The workshop is 20% lecture and 80% hands-on
By attending this intense but fun-filled workshop, you will learn:
• How to change the 'conversation' with your users by focusing on the story, not data
• Your personal BI Maturity IQ score, and what areas need your attention
• How to use the BI Dashboard Formula Methodology visual storyboard to engage your users like never before
• What questions to ask, and what questions NOT to ask your users
• What to do to take your analytics journey to the next level!
Note: The workshop is 20% lecture and 80% hands-on. Wear comfortable shoes as you will be on your feet most of the day and come well rested with an open mind. We are going to be doing a lot of right-brain, creative work!
Prerequisite: Exposure or interest in analytics, data visualization, and reporting.
Preparation: Please bring your own internet capable Windows PC to class. Students will need to be able to access their own trial instance of Dynamics 365 Online during the class. Detailed instructions how to provision the trial will be sent to the participants prior to the class.