How many people in your organization receive Financial Statements? How many of those really know how to read Financials? I bet most of the people who receive your statements, just look at the bottom line, or they spend a lot of time pouring over line by line.
This hands on training class will introduce the concept of building Operational Financials. These would be Visuals that show the bottom line, with drilldown reports that display details. It’s all about fast and easy ways to look at your financial data. The trainer, Belinda Allen, is not suggesting replacing the traditional financials, as Financial Institutions and Governmental Agencies will still want the traditional format. But for your internal team, the use of Power BI for “Operational Financials” will make the statement review a lot easier and definitely more powerful. Power BI will even make it more “self-service” for your team, so they can use them everyday for everything in the system as of right now! This can help your team make better decisions by gaining insights faster!
What you will build (learn) in the class:
• Overview Balance Sheet
• Overview Profit and Loss
• Drill-down Reports for details (of the Balance Sheet and P&L)
• DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions) Date Tables, Columns and Measures
• Navigation Panes (using Bookmarks)
• Cash Flow Calendar
• Cash Flow Visuals (Learning where to spend your time reviewing data)
• Cash Flows In and Out (Learning where the money comes from and where it goes)
• Understand how to model the GL data for use in Power BI
• Apply DAX Time Intelligence
• Comprehend the DAX Calculate function
• Learn how to make navigation easier for the report consumer
• Allow attendees to become the “Rock Star” that made financials easier!
• Consumption location Review (Power Bi Service, iPad, Mobile, etc.)
• Computer with Power BI Desktop loaded
• Basic understanding of GL Data
• Basic understanding of Power BI (just be familiar with what it is, and the very basics on how it works.)
Preparation: Please bring your own internet capable Windows PC to class.