Advanced Warehousing Boot Camp is specifically designed for Warehouse Directors, Managers and other warehousing professionals. Whether you are new to using ERP or already have many years of experience, this class will assist you in getting a stronger, deeper knowledge of the software you use every day. This class is taught by our trainers who are experienced warehouse and logistic experts with extensive working knowledge of ERP who understand real world warehouse operations. Each day is a complete immersive experience in a classroom setting with ample time for hands on exercises in the online learning environment and interaction with the trainers.
Topics Covered in Advanced Warehousing Boot Camp for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central
• Introduction to the Role Center
• Understanding Advanced Warehouse Concepts – slotting, UOM, picking strategies
• Understanding Inventory Setups
• Understanding Different levels of Warehousing
• Understanding Advanced warehousing
• Posting Groups
• Best Practices for Slotting
• Best Practices for Picking Strategies
• Design of Warehouse reports and KPI’s
• Best Practices for Physical and Cycle Counts
• Master Record Management and Data Cleanup
• Inventory Data
• Serial and Lot Tracking
• Migration Techniques
Course material is applicable to most versions of Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central. Key version differences will be highlighted by the instructor.
This class contains some topics designed to prepare you for the following Professional Assessments. This is not a comprehensive study guide and cannot guarantee your ability to pass the assessments.
• Professional Assessment for Warehouse Management
• Professional Assessment for Inventory Management
• Understand the different settings related to Basic versus Advanced Warehousing
• Understand the transactions and the flow of transactions through the system in Basic and Advanced Warehouse Settings
• Understand more advanced warehouse concepts – slotting, replenishment, picking
• Understand the changes required in process to support Advanced Warehousing
• Understand the conversion process if you want to move from one level to the next
• Prepare you to take the Professional Assessments for Warehouse Management and Inventory Management
Audience: Warehouse Directors and Warehouse Managers
Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Prerequisites: A basic to intermediate understanding of warehousing and business processes
Instructor: Kim Congleton
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 28 CPE credits which will be distributed automatically following class completion. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
Preparation: Please bring a Windows PC to class for the Academy’s hands-on training environment from Visilearn called vConnect.