Account schedules are a powerful tool used to create custom financial statements directly from your general ledger. In this in-depth training session, you will learn the fundamental principles of account schedule construction. Using hands-on exercises in our online learning environment, you will have the opportunity to apply what you learn during class to a basic trial balance and master the three basic account schedule building blocks: row setups, column layouts, and analysis views. You’ll discover how to filter your financial reporting by dimensions, layer in budgeted information, and produce reports by exporting to Excel!
This class contains some topics designed to prepare you for the Professional Assessment for Financial Reporting. This is not a comprehensive study guide and cannot guarantee your ability to pass the assessment.
Course material is applicable to most versions of Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central. Key version differences will be highlighted by the instructor.
• Learn how to create key financial statements: trial balance, balance sheet, and income statement
• Understand how to apply multiple views for different periods of time to any report
• Review options to use dimensions with financial reports
• Discover ways to produce financial reporting from the ERP system quickly and efficiently
• Prepare you to take the Professional Assessment for Financial Reporting
Audience: Any professional with responsibilities to create and maintain financial reporting
Level: Beginner, Intermediate
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 8 CPE credits which will be distributed automatically following class completion. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
Preparation: Please bring a Windows PC to class for the Academy’s hands-on training environment from Visilearn called vConnect.