Controller’s Boot Camp is specifically designed for Controllers, CFOs, and other finance professionals. Whether you are a Controller or CFO new to using Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central or already have many years of ERP experience, this class will get you razor sharp and ready for action. You will come away with a stronger, deeper knowledge of the ERP software you use every day.
This class is taught by our trainers who are experienced former Controllers with extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central and who understand real world financial and accounting scenarios. Their combined systems and business process experience along with proven adult learning techniques aid in the application and retention of class material. Each day is a complete immersive experience in a classroom setting with ample time for hands on exercises in the online learning environment and interaction with the trainers.
Topics Covered in Controller’s Boot Camp for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central
• Introduction to the Role Center
• Overview Chart of Accounts
• Posting Groups Dimensions
• Understanding Financial Setups
• Best Practices for Accounts Receivable
• Best Practices for Accounts Payable
• Design of Financial Reports with Account Schedules
• Efficient Journal Entries
• Best Practices for Month End Close
• Best Practices for Year End Close
• Fixed Asset Management
• Multi-Currency Consolidation for Multiple Companies
• Master Record Management and Data Cleanup
• Financial Data Migration Techniques
Course material is applicable to most versions of Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central. Key version differences will be highlighted by the instructor.
This class contains some topics designed to prepare you for the following Professional Assessments. This is not a comprehensive study guide and cannot guarantee your ability to pass the assessments.
• Professional Assessment for Accounts Payable
• Professional Assessment for Accounts Receivable
• Professional Assessment for Financial Reporting
• Professional Assessment for Asset Management
• Learn foundational theory behind how chart of accounts, posting groups and dimensions work together
• Realize options available in each setup area that effect ERP behavior
• Understand major functional areas and exactly how they work
• Explore specifically finance-related topics relevant to your job role
• Get hands on with exercises designed to solidify best practices necessary to close the month and produce financial reporting
• Prepare you to take the Professional Assessments for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Reporting, and Asset Management
Audience: Accounting Managers, Controllers, CFOs, IT Managers
Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Prerequisites: A basic to intermediate understanding of accounting and business processes
Instructor: Kerry Rosvold and Amanda Mayer
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 35 CPE credits which will be distributed automatically following class completion. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
Preparation: Please bring a Windows PC to class for the Academy’s hands-on training environment from Visilearn called vConnect.