If you are going through a fresh D365FO implementation or upgrading from an earlier version of AX and want to learn about what’s in store for you from a security perspective, this is the class for you! We will go through the D365FO security model from top to bottom so you can confidently know how to set up, maintain, and manage security in your new environment.
- Understand D365FO security model and its effect on user licensing
- Be able to set up D365FO security from either the user interface or AOT and understand the implications of both methods
- Understand the tools, features, and resources available from a security perspective within D365FO
- Understand least privilege security principals and be able to utilize it within D365FO
- Be able to set up best practice security management and maintenance
- Security Administrators
- System Administrators
- Anyone interested in how security works or how to setup/configure security in D365FO
- Access to a (preferably development/testing) D365FO environment
- Assigned system administrator or security administrator role (need access to System Administration -> Security Configuration area)
- Access to D365FO Visual Studio development environment
Installed applications: Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome
Preparation: Please bring your own internet capable laptop to class.