Co-Chief Executive Officer of Aon’s M&A and Transaction Solutions Team/Global Head of Tax Insurance
Mr. Blitz is the co-practice leader of Aon Transaction Solutions, the US transaction liability insurance practice of Aon Risk Services, a leading global risk management firm. Mr. Blitz heads Aon’s tax insurance practice, which accounts for over 90% of the tax insurance placed in North America, much of this with respect to transactions involving the solar industry.
Mr. Blitz is a tax lawyer (NYU School of Law and University of Michigan Ross School of Business Administration) and, before Aon, he practiced law for 20 years. He was a partner at Mintz Levin, DLA Piper and Katten Muchin. He began his career at Chadbourne.
In 2017, Mr. Blitz’s extensive speaking engagements included:
• 2017 ABA Section of Taxation Meeting: Protecting your Tax Flank with Tax Insurance
• IMN Green Investing Conference: Lessons Learned: US Solar ABS Issuance
• IMN ABS East 2017: Sunshine Backed Bonds: A Solar ABS 101
• Intersolar Private Venture Finance Conference: Solar Investor Risk Round Table: What is Moving the Market and Keeping Investors up at Night?
• Novogradac Financing Renewable Energy Conference: Tax Equity Update
• Novogradac Financing Renewable Energy Fall Conference: Deal Structuring Hot Topics
• SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar: Tax Risk Management Techniques for Equity and Debt Investments in Solar Projects
Tuesday, September 24
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM