Leadership and Development
We have a fundamental misunderstanding today about what leadership is. We think it is about title, position, and power - when it is truly about unlocking the potential of those around us and solving the problems right in front of us.
Problem-solving is a critically important component of leadership, but often times we find ourselves simply unable to solve problems right in front of us. We're "locked up." Sometimes, it is because we actually can't. We're constrained by resources, time or management. Sometimes, however, we simply think we can't. That's about mindset and tools.
This workshop applies specifically to people in management roles, who are interested in unlocking the potential of their teams. We will equip managers with the ability to unlock the potential of their teams (and manage their projects and programs more effectively) with a practical set of instantly applicable tools. These tools shift mindsets and provide a framework for effective problem-solving.
We demonstrate how managers can shift mindsets through:
1. Communication - Redefining leadership intentionally, explicitly, and consistently so that everyone understands how they can lead
2. Empowerment - Providing the space and responsibility to solve real problems
3. Tolerating Mistakes - Encouraging smart calculated risk-taking to enable innovation
We also equip managers with two practical, proven tools that they can take back to their teams immediately:
1. Current/future state analysis, which allows employees to take stock of their current context with clear-eyed realism while simultaneously enabling them to envision an ideal future state with optimism
2. The Leadership Framework, a proprietary tool that demonstrates how employees can develop strategy, process and structure, metrics, and culture systematically to solve a problem
Leaders will leave this session invigorated and with practical tools in hand to take back to their teams so that they can make every single person on their team into a leader.