Power BI & Excel are two powerful tools for data analysis.
During this full-day workshop, you will see the main interactions between Power BI & Excel to clean, analyse and visualise your data. You will do a lot of practical exercises based on real-life use cases.
Below are the topics covered:
• Use Excel as a data source for Power BI: Transform the data and build a proper data model in Power BI Desktop
• Analyse Power BI data in Excel: Build Excel Pivot Tables and Charts on top of a data model built in Power BI
• Use Power BI within Excel: Clean your data (Power Query) and build DAX measures (Power Pivot) using Power BI in Excel
• Upgrade a Power Pivot Model to Power BI Desktop
• Export Power BI data to Excel or CSV
• Push Excel "Objects" to Power BI: Send Excel charts, tables and cells to the Power BI Web Portal
At the end of this day, you will know to unlock the full power of Power BI & Excel. This workshop is also a good opportunity for you to level up your skills in Power Query, Data Modelling & DAX.
Tristan Malherbe ~ Tristan is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP and experienced trainer who has delivered 35+ trainings in Europe & the US. He also delivered similar Academy workshops in Dublin, Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
Requirements: Bring in your own laptop with Excel (at least 2010 version) and the latest version of Power BI Desktop.