Become a master of reports in 2 days in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
During the training we will build several reports. We will focus on the flattening of the dataset and how to do multiple nested tables and grouping in Visual Studio. This is where people are struggling, but easy to do, if you understand the dataset of the report. The instructor will also talk about when and when not to use Code.Setdata and Code.Getdata, which is heavily used in the standard RDLC document reports. The instructor will give tips on how to modify the standard document reports, which pretty much all customers want changed. We will also explain in details the best practice for creating RDLC reports, and get each student through the minefield of Visual Studio, and increasing the development speed for all participants. Finally, we will upgrade and move our reports to Business Central. Even though you have worked with RDLC reports before, this class will dramatically increase the speed when designing RDLC reports.
• Please note that the fundamental designing of reports in NAV and BC is the same, so this course is applicable to both Business Central and Dynamics NAV users.
• Developing in Visual Studio Report Designer vs. Report Builder
• Understanding how to do groups, both simple and advanced groups
• Upgrading and moving to Business Central
• The instructor will share many reports with examples you can take home and explore.
Audience: Super user and consultants
Preparation: Bring laptops with internet access. Exercises/labs will be done in the cloud and access to VM in Microsoft Azure will be provided in the class