Visual Studio Code AL is the new way of developing solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. This has been true for extensions and SaaS add-ons for quite some time, but with the Fall release of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central even the base application will move completely from the traditional object designer and C/AL language to the new environment on Visual Studio Code.
This workshop will give both developers who are new to the Business Central ecosystem and traditional C/AL developers who want to take this chance to get acquainted with the new world a chance to learn how to handle Visual Studio Code AL development from scratch. Developers will be taken by the hand and led gently to mastering Visual Studio Code AL by a series of instructor-led exercises.
• Introduction to VS Code Editor and AL Programming.
• Becoming familiar with creating new objects in AL.
• Becoming familiar with extending Base Microsoft objects using Events and Subscriptions.
• Understanding Report Development and word/RTC Layout in AL.
• Using In-Client Designer.
• Publish and Maintain Extensions.
• Using Debugger with VS Code.
Instructor: Saurav Dhyani
Audience: C/AL Developers and new Business Central Developers.
Prerequisites: Students should have a working knowledge of C/AL Development.
Preparation: Please bring your own internet capable Windows PC to class for the hands on lab portion/class exercises.
Please have the following software installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Spring 2019
• Visual Studio Code