D365 & Business Central Integration Workshop
Join us on 27 March for a classroom-style workshop training at eXtreme365 to learn what you need to know to successfully deliver your next D365 Business Central and D365 Sales integrations.
Our mission for the consultants who complete this workshop is that they:
1. Feel confident recognizing new opportunities for delivering and supporting integrations.
2. Understand how to handle specific requirements and repeatable solutions without code.
3. Pass the SmartConnect certification exam, which today, is available at no extra cost to bootcamp attendees.
Tools we’ll use: SmartConnect & Popdock
First, we’ll dive into eOne’s data integration offerings both with SmartConnect on-prem and iPaaS Azure-hosted solution, SmartConnect.com. SmartConnect offers a scalable and highly configurable toolset that allows customers to integrate their Dynamics 365, CRM, ERP and cloud applications without code. Both versions of SmartConnect allow you to handle hybrid integration scenarios connecting cloud and on-premise solutions, and at the end of the day, allow you to generate new data.
While we often think of data integration as creating data in other systems, simply displaying the right data between systems is really what’s needed, instead of full integration. In this case, data from “System A” is visible as field, list or chart within another system (“System B”), but is not a resident of that System B. We’ll look at how you can easily say yes to that scenario with the configuration of Popdock widgets.
Business Central Integration
• Introduction to the Business Central Web Services and Endpoints.
• SmartConnect connection options for Business Central – both the OData and SOAP connectors
• Using Business Central as a Source and as a Destination within SmartConnect
• Considerations for bulk and ongoing integrations
• Handling lookups and other data transformation during your integration
• Some examples of hands-on exercises for SmartConnect & SmartConnect.com that will be covered will include:
o Integrating Business Central and SQL
o Integrating Files with Business Central Transactions and Master Data
o Integrating Business Central with D365 standard and custom entities
o Automating integrations from folders and ftp to Business Central
o Integrating Salesforce and D365 Business Central
•Connecting to other sources and destinations – files, databases, folder data sources/ftp, REST & SOAP web service integration
•The SmartConnect Excel Add-in
•SmartConnect Integration Templates
•Monitoring and Managing Errors
D365 Sales Integration
•Introduction to the D365, PowerApps, and CDS integration using SmartConnect.
•Using D365 as a Source and as a Destination within SmartConnect
•Considerations for bulk, ongoing and real-time integrations
•Data transformation options needed when working with D365 field types: entity lookups, multi-lookups, option sets, activity parties, etc.
•Some examples of hands-on exercises for SmartConnect & SmartConnect.com that will be covered will include:
oIntegrating Files with D365
oSalesforce to D365 Sales
oIntegrating with standard and custom entities in D365 sales, field service.
oD365 Business Central – D365 Sales invoices and purchase orders.
Popdock Widgets in D365 Sales and D365 Business Central
• Introduction to Popdock
• Setting up your connection and security
• Building your list (standard lists, merged lists from multiple systems, custom lists)
• Options for display of data.
• Configuring your widget in D365/CRM to embed and display your data.
• Configuring your widget in D365 Business Central to embed and display data.
**Please note that while Popdock connects to many different systems, we’ll configure widgets specifically for D365 and Business Central.
Who should attend?
We encourage our partners to send team members who are involved in technical delivery, sales, and support to attend.