In 2015, the Council of International Schools (CIS) selected Power BI as its analytics platform to inform important strategic decisions, support decision-making processes and share trends data collected from over 1000 prominent international schools and universities from across the globe.
In the last three years, CIS transitioned from a predominantly on-premise infrastructure to a cloud-based environment, including CRM, event management and ERP apps. Power BI remained the main analytics platform due to its broad integration capabilities with diverse data sources.
In this session we will discuss the challenges small/medium size organizations face when engaging in large scale data initiatives and show how Power BI’s flexibility can support organizations in reaching their analytics goals even through major technological transitions.
We will share key insights of the CIS data-driven path and cover:
• How to connect Power BI to Dynamics CRM in a shared hosting environment,
• How to create and simplify a data model when transitioning to a cloud-based CRM system,
• How Power BI can support data migration,
• How to integrate with third-party survey and data insights platforms through APIs,
• Concrete examples of how Power BI can be used for research projects, and
• Concrete examples of how we are reaching over 1000 schools and universities worldwide with user friendly and interactive reports used for strategic planning and decision making.