Power Platform Integrations
D365 F&O and AX
"I can implement D365FO and I can teach you Inventory Costing without Power BI, but why would I want to?"
This session is geared towards those wanting to learn more about Inventory Management and Inventory Costing. Additionally, if you are a savvy inventory experts who want to see how Power BI can bring inventory to life, this session is also for you. Power BI is a functional tool that should be leveraged throughout the life of a Project. And In this session we will:
• Deep dive into an Inventory transaction and show how this works in D365FO.
• Understand the Physical vs. the Financial as it relates to Inventory.
• Reconcile and understand the differences between inventory transactions, the On-Hand Inventory inquiry and the Inventory value report in D365FO.
• Show the important fields, reports and grids that are necessary to mastering inventory.
• Then we will “Bring it all together” and show how Power BI can aide us in the above goals.
• Map our D365FO reports and data to our Power BI Data Sources.
• Touch on importance of “strategy” and making the perfect PB&J Sandwich.
• Leave the session and actually “Bring it all together”!
Takeaway - All attendees will be given the 3 PBI desktop files, code and detailed instructions that they can then take with them. The samples used are real and can be applied to any D365FO environment.
The concepts in this session are applicable to earlier version, AX2009 all the way to D365FO 8.1. However, we will be spending the majority of our session in D365FO 7.3 and 8.1 environments.