*Attendance limited to CPSMs.
Business transformed through marketing leadership is more than just the new SMPS tagline. Marketers and business developers are critical to driving company decisions and achieving sustained success. Ultimately, creating meaningful relationships with our technical and operations counterparts is key to driving business transformation and leading our companies. But how do we get there? How do we start where we are and gain momentum? How do we increase our value to our firms, elevating our profession and the industry? Spend the morning with successful marketing led firms. You’ll hear from Brad Thurman, PE, FSMPS, CPSM and how he transformed Wallace Engineering into a marketing led firm. Then hear from a panel of industry professionals and learn how we can create meaningful relationships with technical and operations staff. Finally, strategize on how you can start to transform your company through your marketing leadership.
Keynote: 9 – 9:45 a.m. | Brad Thurman, P.E., FSMPS, CPSM
Case Study: Wallace Engineering
• What is a marketing led firm?
• Why is it important—more than just a tagline?
• What do marketing led firms look like?
• How do you get it there?
• How do you keep it there?
Panel Discussion: 9:50 – 10:50 a.m.
Leverage Relationships with Technical & Operations Staff
Panelists: Katelin Etoh, CPSM, Ziger|Snead Architects, and Ashley Campbell, HITT
Moderator: Joy Guinn, FSMPS, CPSM, Guinn Consulting Engineers
• How do marketers and business developers create and leverage relationships with technical and operations staff?
• How do we educate our companies’ leadership to understand the importance of marketing and BD at the decision making table?
• What can we do to move our firms to become marketing led?
• How we create marketing leadership opportunities?
• How can we increase our value to our firms and leverage our CPSM certifications, ultimately elevating the industry and our profession?
Roundtable Discussion: 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Roundtable discussion leaders: TBD
• What can we start with when we get back to the office on Monday?
• How do we strategize and keep excitement as we move toward being marketing led firms?
• How do we create meaningful relationships with technical and operations staff?
• How do we create opportunities to bring marketing discussions to company decisions?
• What are ways to increase our value to our firms?
Roundtable Reports / Group Discussion: 11:30 a.m. – 12 noon
• Overarching themes
• Lessons learned
• Next steps