Today’s CISO is a hybrid; part technician; part manager, part leader and part visionary. This two-day interactive training session brought to you by the (ISC)² Professional Development Institute will:
• Explore the people, processes, and technology skills needed to be a successful, “world-class” CISO.
• Provide the tools to help CISOs and aspiring CISOs do the job better, cheaper, and faster than the competition.
• Introduce the measure, assess, plan (MAP) process for assessing the organization and the information security department’s operational readiness, skill sets, people, processes, and technology.
• Address communicating with senior management and your board.
• Take a hard look at what to do when things don’t go as planned.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
1. MAP (measure, asses, plan) themselves:
a. Determine the skills they have
b. Define their own personal areas for improvement
2. Develop a career road map:
a. Assess career possibilities
b. Assess career opportunities
3. Assess an organization:
a. Determine the organization's maturity
b. Determine the organization's operational readiness
4. Assess an information security department, the people in it, and the organization it serves:
a. Develop organization-specific tools to accurately determine the capabilities and operational readiness of the department
b. Create the people, processes, and technology road map for the information security department
5. Plan the work and work the plan:
a. Create strategic and tactical plans that work for their information security department
b. Measure the information security departments progress toward the objectives/milestones detailed in the plan
c. Differentiate between processes, projects, programs, and reality
d. Move from analysis paralysis to action
6. Demonstrate why the programs, processes, and projects in place will keep the organization as secure as possible in the world we live in today:
a. Move beyond guessing and get down to reality
b. Parse the mountains of information coming in and create threat intelligence that is actionable
Who Should Attend?
If you are a CISO or aspiring to be a CISO this must-attend workshop is for you.