The intent of the Membrane certification is to determine if the pre-qualified tile installer possesses the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully install these products based on the recommendations contained in the TCNA Handbook. ANSI Specifications and industry accepted best practices.
Understanding that waterproofing and crack isolation membranes have become almost solely the responsibility of the ceramic tile installer, the following proficiencies should be accomplished with this certification:
• Knowledge of the specifications and installation of the two general types of membranes: Liquid Applied and Sheet Membranes
• Proper installation to floor substrates and slopes
• Proper attachment of membranes to drains.
• Proper installation of both membranes at change in plane, i.e. floor to wall, inside corners, and outside corners
• Proper fitting of membranes at penetrations, e.g. pipes