(4113) DENTAL SLEEP MEDICINE CONFERENCE
September 4-5, 2019
Speaker: Ken Berley, DDS, JD – Owner, Ken Berley DDS, Ltd
Speaker: Steve Carstensen, DDS – Owner, Seattle Sleep Education, LLC
Speaker: Glennine Varga, RDA – Dental Sleep Medicine and Team Coach, Dream Sleep Team
CE: 14 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Consider your interest in Dental Sleep Medicine/Airway Therapy.How do you want to make it happen for you, your team, your professional colleagues, and your patients? Do you have a plan? Are you sure what your obligations, responsibilities, and opportunities are? This course has been designed from the ground up to give you the information and the process you need to make those choices. In collaboration with the ADA Council on Dental Practice, this program will bring your the full expertise of your leaders in Chicago, as well as our speakers to help you in your practice.
Over two days in San Francisco, you will hear three of the leading experts in Dental Sleep Medicine explain each point in the ADA Policy Statement, supporting practical, you-can-do-this clinical wisdom with the latest in medical science and professional guidelines and protocols. Each point discussed will be accompanied by experiential learning to help every attendee create solid action plans for implementation. Every attendee will leave with a workbook based on the lectures.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
8–8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast and Check in
8:30–Noon CE Program
10:30 – Noon Dental Team Breakout
Noon–1 p.m. Lunch and Networking
1-2:30 p.m. Dental Team Breakout
1 – 5 p.m. CE Program
Thursday, September 5, 2019
7:30-8 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8–Noon CE Program
10:30-Noon Dental Team Breakout
Noon–1 p.m. Lunch on Own in Exhibit Hall – Voucher Provided
1-2:30 p.m. Dental Team Breakout
1 – 4:30 p.m. CE Program
$1,295.00 ADA Member Dentist
$1,695.00 ADA Non-Member Dentist
$1,695.00 Allied Health Professional
$995.00 Dental Team
• 14 hours continuing education credit
• One copy of The Clinician’s Handbook of Dental Sleep Medicine, a Quintessence book published in 2019 and written by Drs. Ken Berley and Steve Carstensen, with a forward by Dr. John Remmers, MD per office
• Access to the ADA FDI World Dental Congress, September 5-8, 2019
• Breakfast Each Day
• Refreshment Breaks
• Networking luncheon on Wednesday
• Voucher for lunch in the exhibit hall on Thursday
• Access to the online exam and additional resources. Upon completion you will receive a certificate of completion from the ADA for your wall.
BRING YOUR TEAM
Breakouts designed specifically for the dental team to create office systems to implement Dental Sleep Medicine into your practice – 90 minutes each.
• The Path to Diagnosis – How the dental team can help their patients solve their airway problems. This talk will lead the team through screening patients in their practice, setting up systems for keeping records, identifying resources in the medical community and making good two-way referrals.
• Follow the Money – Financial discussions between the office and the patient. There are 5 ways of making treatment of sleep related breathing disorders accessible to patients. From children’s habit correctors to treatment of snoring to therapy for obstructive sleep apnea, the team will be ready to talk about how to keep financial barriers from interfering with care.
• Medicare and Medical Billing - Treating a medical problem isn’t covered by dental benefits – so the dental team must understand how to answer the question: “Will my insurance cover this?” Also, it’s important for teams to discuss billing with the medical providers on the patient’s care team.
• Team Learning for Maximum Impact - It’s one thing to learn what to do, teams need to know how to make it happen. This high-value course will help teams develop learning plans and create action to put into use what they and their doctors have learned about airway therapy.