2019 ACVS Surgery Summit
Available to ACVS and ECVS Diplomates and residents only.
This laboratory will provide current techniques utilized in equine maxillofacial surgery including Fracture repair, surgical extraction techniques, diagnostics and followup care:
Fracture Repair of the Rostral Mandible and Maxilla
• New twist on fixation of the Mandible and maxilla with wires and composite.
• Indications and fixation of incisor teeth luxations and avulsions.
Surgical Extraction of cheek teeth with Minimal Invasive Buccotomy
• Removal of fragmented/fractured crowns and root separations.
• Removal of retained root tips without repulsions procedures.
Surgical Extraction of Cheek teeth via lateral buccotomy procedures
• Approaches will be demonstrated for premolar teeth both maxillary and mandibular
• Approaches to molars through the sinus for maxillary teeth and masseter muscle for molar teeth.