Adler Cohen Harvey Wakeman Guekguezian, LLP
Ellen Epstein Cohen is an experienced trial attorney, having successfully defended clients in both state and federal courts for almost 35 years. Ellen focuses her practice on the representation of healthcare providers in the defense of medical malpractice claims and before the Boards of Registration which govern licensed healthcare professionals. Ellen's practice covers cases ranging from minor to catastrophic injury and death.
In September 2016, Ellen was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Founded in 1950, the College is composed of the best of the trial bar from the United States and Canada. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality. Membership in the College cannot exceed one percent of the total lawyer population for any state or province.
Ellen has been selected, based on a vote of licensed attorneys in Massachusetts and a review by an independent Blue Ribbon Panel, as a "Super Lawyer" every year from 2004 - 2018, and as one of the "Top 100 Lawyers" and "Top 50 Female Super Lawyers" in Massachusetts and New England in various years, as published in Boston Magazine. Ellen has also been selected for inclusion in "The Best Lawyers in America" 2004 - present, and in the “Boston's Best Lawyers” 2008-present. She has been the recipient of the "Rx for Excellence" award from the Massachusetts Medical Law Report.
In addition, Ellen is actively involved as an educator and speaker to attorneys and medical providers. She has been a Faculty Member for the MCLE and Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy courses, and has participated in innumerable educational programs for healthcare providers.
Ellen is a member of the Editorial Board and a contributing author to Women in Medicine E- Bulletin, 2010-present. She edits articles for the Massachusetts Medical Society Legal Advisory Plan Newsletter, and serves as Counsel to the Plan.
Associations & Memberships
• Massachusetts Superior Court Task Force regarding Medical Malpractice Litigation (Rule 73) (2016)
• Massachusetts Medical Society Task Force on Breast Cancer (2000 - 2002)
• Women’s Health Alliance Newton Wellesley Hospital (2005 - Present)
• Newton Wellesley Hospital, Overseer and Member, Hospital Ethics Committee (1997 - present)
• Children's Hospital League, Board Member (1993 - 1998)
• Middlesex and Suffolk Counties, Bench/Bar Committees (1998 - 2001)
• Massachusetts Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, Member
• Trial Attorneys of America, Member (1993 - 2010)
Awards & Recognition
• Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (2016-Present)
• "Top 50 Female Super Lawyers", Boston Magazine (2004 - 2018)
• "Top 100 Lawyers in MA" (2016-2018)
• "Super Lawyer" (2004 - 2018)
• "The Best Lawyers in America" (2004 - 2018)
• Boston's Best Lawyers (2008 - 2017)
• Rx for Excellence Award, Massachusetts Medical Law Report
• Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating™
Disclosure: Nothing to disclose
Saturday, September 21
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM