The National Council of Self-Advocates has designed an information-packed symposia focused on one of today’s most challenging issues; accessible transportation. Camille Franco will answer questions and provide advice on what Self-Advocates can do to improve accessible transportation services in their own communities and Danielle McGill will talk about her ground-breaking work to help people use public transportation. Both Camille and Danielle will share heart-warming and funny stories that they’ve experienced along the way.
The symposia includes an interactive forum for Self-Advocates to share their own experiences and solutions. The program will close with Self-Advocates creating a Vision Board with the steps they will take to address transportation challenges in their own communities.
Self-advocates attending the Symposium will:
• Learn about accessible transportation options
• Hear about real solutions to overcome typical and unexpected challenges
• Realize how to work with other advocates and allies
• Discover how to advocate with transit providers so they hear you and respect your solutions
• Learn how to keep a positive attitude
• Gather information about practicable and affordable technologies
• Create a Vision Board to support their own self-advocacy
Click here to download the full agenda for the symposia