Janak D. Desai
Samved Hospital, Ahmedabad
Practicing Urology in Ahmedabad, India ; Samved Hospital;
Innovator of UMP (Ultra-Mini PCNL) ; German maker
Schoelly has made the instruments and named them “UMP
by Janak Desai”.
Nominated as member of EULIS ( European Urolithiasis
Delivered the “Malcolm Coptcoat Lecture” during annual
Meeting of BAUS – Urology section.
Delivered the “David John Lecture” in the Royal Society of
Medicine Meeting in London – 13th May 2012 .
Contributed a chapter in Smith's TextBook of Endourology.
Was invited in Guangzhou(China); Shanghai, Beijing, Nanjing – 2012, & 2013 , 2014, 2015 to demonstrate surgeries for Stones – Ultra-Mini PCNL and Flexible Ureteroscopy.
Faculty in Paris “ 2nd and 3rd and 4th Challenges in Endourology”
Invited to Lima, Brazil and Buenos Aires to deliver talks on UMP ; Also to do live surgeries of UMP in Sao Paulo – Oct 2013
Invited to Istanbul, Moscow in February 2014 for a workshop on Pediatric urolithiasis
Founder President of Gujarat Urology Association.
President of West Zone Indian Urology Association.
(1) Ultra-Mini Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (UMP) : one more armamentarium… BJUI November 2013.
(2) Ultra-Mini Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy : Journal of Endourology –Videourology section ; year 2013
(3) Ultra-Mini PCNL versus flexible ureteroscopy : a matched analysis of treatment costs (endoscopic and disposables) in patients with renal stones 10.20 mm : World Journal of Urology – Jan 2015
(4) A novel technique of ultra-mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy: introduction and an initial experience for treatment of upper urinary calculi less than 2 cm. : Biomed Res Int ; July 2013
(5) Non Urothelial Bladder cancers : a case series… :Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology; March 2013
(6) Prospectives outcomes of 11-13 F ultra-mini percutaneous nephrolithotomy (UMP) : a consecutive cohort study. : Journal of Urology