Discrete manufacturing seems to make up a large, if not, the majority of the manufacturing companies using AX2012. The intended audience of this course includes AX users that want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use AX2012 for Discrete Manufacturing.
It is intended for production managers, planners, and any people in organizations responsible for the setup and maintenance of production control, inventory, or planning functions. During this course, users will learn how to setup and use AX2012 for a Discrete manufacturing environment.
• What Discrete Manufacturing is and how it differs from Process or Lean
• Introduction to Bills of Materials
• Introduction to Routes
• Introduction to Resources and Resource Groups
• Introduction to Production scheduling and capacity planning
• Different ways of recording material and labor consumption
• Production order lifecycle
• Basic production costing: assigning ledger posting settings, analyzing estimated vs actual costs
Audience: AX users and system admins
Prerequisites: Students should have a general working knowledge of AX
Preparation: Your instructor has chosen to leverage Academy’s hands-on training environment from VisiLearn called vConnect. This means you will have the ability to work with technology in a virtualized environment during your class. Please bring a Windows PC to class and the detailed instructors for connecting and attending class will be sent at least 2 days prior to class.
Delivery Method: Group Live