This course describes the basic elements of the Master planning module, enabling you to make correct decisions regarding the set up and use of the different kinds of planning functionality and to understand how to apply them to your business processes. It will help you plan purchase, production and transfer orders more reliably, which can help you optimize your production flow and provide on-time delivery to your customers. This class is open to all AXUG Members and Subscribers. This class is a comprehensive review of the theory, practice, implementation, and common errors regarding Master Planning and Production Scheduling.
We’ll review in detail:
• Master Planning theory
• Setup best practices and typical mistakes made
• Integration of item coverage settings in the planning processing
• The importance of BOM and inventory accuracy
• Use of effective lead times
• Compare and contrast AX2012 and D365 Master Planning modules
• As time permits, production execution best practices, and production scheduling and capacity planning
Any questions regarding these areas will be encouraged. Users of AX 2009, AX2012 and D365 will find this content of value.
• Gain an understanding of the theory and drivers behind Master Planning.
• Understand the options, effects, issues, and solutions regarding setup of Master Planning and Production Scheduling in AX.
• Understand the differences and similarities between planning in AX2012 and Dynamics 365.
Audience: Manufacturing, Planning