Governance, Regulation & Compliance
3112 - Why Your Company Needs an Outside Security Advisory Board
Wednesday, October 10
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Location: Floor 2: Galerie 5
How do you prove to your customers that you’re safeguarding their data in a secure manner without needlessly exposing the organization to potential attacks? Since security is often billed as a “people problem,” it only makes sense to rely on actual people to solve the problem -- and not yet another security appliance or piece of software with silver bullets for the latest and greatest threat.
One method to address this communication gap is to form a trusted cybersecurity advisory board to discuss the current security industry trends, the best practices across the industry, and provide a vehicle for customers to communicate their security concerns to the organization's leadership. This session will draw on the speaker's experience in forming, operating and sourcing advisors for a security advisory board. Topics to be discussed include:
- The benefits of forming a cybersecurity board, its makeup, and its chartered goals
- The expectations of the advisors, the organization leadership, and its customers
- Anticipated challenges (and opportunities)
- How to incorporate board feedback into the overall cybersecurity strategy
- Quantifying and communicating the successes of the advisory board
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to understand the benefits of forming a cyber security board, its makeup, and its chartered goals.
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to incorporate board feedback into the overall cyber security strategy.
- At the end of this session, participants will be able to quantify and communicate the successes of the advisory board to the leadership team.