Welcome to the AMCP Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting 2018 education session guide. This session guide features content and faculty information for education sessions slotted during the upcoming conference. Attendees will be able to navigate five education tracks offering relevant and timely programming for managed care pharmacy professionals on:
• Business Trends and the Quest for Value What are the financial and contractual factors impacting managed care? This track focuses on the trends that affect payers, patients, and providers as they address revenue and resources in today’s market.
• Succeeding in Specialty Management How does your practice cope with rampant innovation in specialty pharmaceuticals? What pipeline developments will make —or break—your budget in the coming years? This track is where you share and compare.
• Practical Research that Identifies and Illuminates Annual Meeting 2018 is the place to explore new research techniques, studies and strategies in the field of managed care pharmacy. Learn in in-depth sessions, plus hundreds of poster abstracts to discover and discuss.
• Spotlight on Formulary Management The foundation of our work is the formulary. Find out what’s steadfast, what’s changing, and what factors will affect your organization’s bedrock over the next five years.
• Keeping Up With Legislative and Regulatory Matters This track covers the waterfront of what’s happening in governments and legislatures and how it will impact your work and your world.
• Perspectives in Managed Care Pharmacy Explore the many facets of our field, including the chorus of new voices, old challenges and determining factors shaping managed care pharmacy today.