Community Outreach/Civic Engagement
The forum will equip pastors and lay leaders with user-friendly tools and resources for creating their Turnout Sunday (November 4th) election day voter turnout plan.
The Faith Leaders Roundtable will also include a briefing on the provision included in the Tax Bill that taxes some fringe benefits the church, synagogues, and other nonprofit organizations pay their employees.
National Voter Turn Out Sunday Campaign Kick-Off and Training will feature speakers from Congressional Black Caucus, National African American Clergy Network, AARP, and Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights. The National African American Clergy Network, a network of denomination, independent and mainline church leaders, will present the AARP sponsored 2018 National Turn Out Sunday Campaign Toolkit for 50+ voters that includes such vital areas as
• What's at Stake for African Americans in the 2018 Midterm Election
• “Know Your Rights” Training
• Absentee, Early Voting, Online Voting, and other voting tools
• Sample Pastors' Turnout Sunday Activities
• Sample Turnout Sunday Prayer Breakfast Agenda
• Strategies for holding elected officials accountable after the election