Valerie Radu, PhD, LCSW
Executive Director Chattanooga Family Justice Center
City of Chattanooga
Valerie Radu, PhD, LCSW completed her doctoral work at Case Western Reserve University in the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences. She holds an MSW degree from Walla Walla University and a BSW degree from Southern Adventist University. She has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Tennessee since 1996. She is currently in a year-long training process to become certified as an Ecotherapist.
Dr. Radu has been the Executive Director of the Chattanooga Family Justice Center since 2014 and has successfully been awarded over $1 million in grant funding to develop and expand the services at the FJC. She has over 20 years of experience as a practitioner, community leader, faculty member and academic administrator in higher education settings. Her practice and research interest areas include:
• Self-care strategies for helping professionals
• Diversity and cultural competence in professional settings (social work, nursing, education, etc)
• Knowledge and skill competency needs of professional social workers practicing in healthcare and aging settings
• Leadership development and organizational change
• Innovative program development and assessment
Since 1996 she has been a frequent presenter on aging issues, diversity/cultural competence, and leadership development in the southeastern United States for a variety of professional organizations and groups.
Tuesday, July 17
1:00 PM – 2:15 PM