Program and Project Management | New 2 NAV
Format: Member Showcase
This is the story of how NAVUG Member Gogo managed, in the midst of a very complex upgrade from Dynamics NAV 2009 to 2016, to move away from their highly-customized environment and take advantage of the standard processes and conventions included in the new version. They'll share their journey, insights, and lessons learned around gaining executive buy-in, selecting the right partner, rallying the team, the importance and value of reengineering, training, and much more.
Senior Business Analyst
With over 30 years’ experience, and a tradition of performance excellence, I bridge the gap between IT and business to optimize technology’s impact on business outcomes and functions. I've extensive management, business transformation, systems implementation and data governance experience in the government and private sectors:
- ERP/CRM implementations – with financial and operational focuses
- Business process mapping and documentation, systems review and evaluation
- Business requirements elicitation, documentation and solution development.
- Strategy development – business, data, geospatial and IT
- Strategic review and evaluation – of business processes and/or IT systems
- Business case – development and approval
- RFI/RFP management – preparing and running Requests for Information/Proposal
- Team management – ERP delivery and support teams
- Project management – in multidisciplinary roles and on complex projects
- Solutions development & deployment – including SDLC vendor management
- Data governance – strategy development, implementation and management, incl. MDM & TOGAF
I hold a degree in Business Studies (Enterprise Development) from Massey University (New Zealand), am a Certified Demand Driven Planner (CDDP), and am Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
I have presented at APCIS conferences, tutored students studying for their CPIM certification; and more recently mentored fellow Business Analysts through International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA) Chicago chapter program.
Currently a Senior Business Analyst with Gogo, my career has spanned many industries, including Telecommunications, Banking, Transportation, Education, Energy, Food & Health.
At Gogo we have completed a re-implementation of NAV2016 (from NAV2009 classic), a 20-month project impacting 400 NAV users. Prior ERP experiences includes SAP, Oracle, Ostendo, FACT, i2 and TIMS.
Thursday, October 12
3:45 PM – 4:45 PM