Format: Academy Course
Preparation: Please bring your own internet capable Windows PC to class. Students will need to be able to access their own trial instance of Dynamics 365 Online during the class. Detailed instructions how to provision the trial will be sent to the participants prior to the class.
Microsoft Portals provide a flexible Dynamics 365 web presence platform for the customers, partners, and employees service scenarios.
In this class you will learn how to configure and use Microsoft Portals to manage customer service in different scenarios. This training will cover the best practices and recommendations for use of portals and its components, discussing topics like security as well as common implementation scenarios that requires advanced techniques.
You will get hands-on experience in setting up, configuring and extending Dynamics 365 Portal through the real life lab scenarios exercises.
• Fundamental portal building blocks
• Portal security: authentication, content management, and entity permissions
• Branding and design
• Just a drop of liquid to grease your templates
• What’s new this release: KB attachments, entity wizards, interaction tracking, and more
• Portal source code: is it for you?
Upon completion of this class students will:
• Understand and differentiate Dynamics 365 Portals features & techniques
• Create user interface using entity lists and forms
• Build and deploy portals with secure content and data
• Discover and customize layouts and themes
• Describe how to build and maintain portals using liquid templates and markup
George Doubinski, Dynamics CRM MVP
One of the friendly faces behind https://crmtipoftheday.com and https://crm.audio
This course is intended for experienced customizers and developers who would like to learn fundamentals of creating effective portal solutions.
Prerequisites: Attendees must have experience in customization and configuration of Dynamics 365.
Preparation: Students will need to be able to access their own trial instance of Dynamics 365 Online and Dynamics 365 Portal during class. Detailed instructions how to provision the trials will be sent to the participants prior to the class.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 MVP. Architect. Coder. Author. Blogger. Speaker. Trainer. Specialist in all things difficult.
If you cannot find me online committing code to github, poking http://crmtipoftheday.com or talking on http://crm.audio, it must be a rare occasion when I sleep, spend time with his family or travel from A to B.
Monday, October 9
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday, October 10
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Tuesday, October 10
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, October 11
1:45 PM – 2:45 PM