ICA Commission on Cartography in Early Warning and Crises Management
This workshop is organized with support and assistance of Group of Earth Observations (GEO). The intention is to reflect new challenges coming from United Nations activities, especially U.N. Disaster Risk Management conference in Sendai, Japan, 2015.
Call for abstracts on:
1) Dynamic and real-time cartographic visualization concepts and applications for enhanced operational early warning (EW)
2) Control and automation in the domain of sensor data acquisition for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and EW.
3) Potentials and applications of novel Big Data, Smart Data, Volunteered Geographic Environments and Rapid Mapping techniques in DRR.
4) Remote sensing usability for DRR.
5) Social media - from information to visualization for action.
6) Web services -- use and architecture server-side and client-side for disaster
Deadline for Abstracts: April 28 2017
All abstracts will be double-blind reviewed. The selected abstracts will be published as Workshop Proceedings on ICA CCEW&CM web page.
The workshop will be delivered keynote speeches by Mr. W. Craig FUGATE, contemporary Administrator of FEMA (the Federal Emergency Management Agency which is part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security -DHS), by Mrs. Barbara RYAN, GEO Secretary Director, and other representatives of ICA.
Workshop fee: -$30,- USD
More information here and here
ICA CCEW&CM Commission Chairman
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucia LOVISON – GOLOB,
GEO Workshop Coordinator
Director of Commission Secretariat
Registration fee: $30
The asset you are trying to access is locked. Please enter your access key to unlock.