POSTER SESSION A: Ar Hi De Ub Cr
Nanjing is a city of profound cultural significance and boasts abundant cultural resources. However, amid rapid development, many important cultural and historic relics are on the verge of being forgotten. This research applies modern geographic information techniques, animation, virtual reality and augmented reality to restore and repro-duce the history and culture of Nanjing, and constructs a space-time framework of Nanjing that provides social services for both historical experts and the public. As an initial research result of the project “A Spatio-temporal Framework Construction and Service of Nanjing in the Past Hundred Years”, which has been jointly launched by the Jiangsu Center for Collaborative Innovation in Geographical Information Resource Development and Applica-tion and the Jiangsu Surveying & Mapping Engineering Institute, this paper chiefly reports the research framework and progress of the project. The project focuses on the following aspects.
(1) The spatio-temporal data model and standards. 1) To define the entities of the spatio-temporal framework, to design methods of building spatio-temporal frameworks divided by spaces and time, and the shifting mechanism of these frameworks. 2) To establish the relation classification system for thematic information and geographic en-tities and explore the thematic information integration strategies. 3) To set the standards concerning the information structure of the spatio-temporal framework entity and data collection, classification and encoding of the frame-work information and the thematic information.
(2) Database of the spatio-temporal framework of Nanjing over the past hundred years, including the histori-cal map and remote-sensing image database with unified georeferencing, the spatio-temporal framework entity databse based the geographic elements that reflect basic patterns of cities, and the 3D model base of historical ar-chitecture and scenes.
(3) Thematic spatio-temporal information acquisition and spatial integration. 1) To study the thematic spatio-temporal information extraction methods oriented for texts of historical data and methods of thematic spatio-temporal information disambiguation and integration. 2) To establish the space positioning mechanism based on spatio-temporal framework entities. 3) To build the thematic database of the social economy.
(4) Platform of the spatio-temporal information of Nanjing over the past hundred years, including the spatio-temporal information management platform and the public service platform.
(5) Social services of the spatio-temporal data of Nanjing in the past hundred years. 1) To exhibit the evolution of administrative divisions and place names, changes in city territory and land utilization. 2) to show changes in riv-er system and provides professional services for industries. 3) To offer popular science education on the culture of place names. 4) To restore and reproduce representative historical and cultural relics.
For the time being, the project primarily focuses on the research of spatio-temporal data model and standards, together with the collection, classification and processing of the historical map, the remote-sensing image data and thematic spatio-temporal information. The spatio-temporal framework database and the social economy thematic database are currently under construction. Using the culture of place names and the virtual Ming Imperial Palace as examples, it explores the social service patterns of the spatio-temporal data of Nanjing. As planned, a website for the spatio-temporal framework services will be launched at the beginning of next year.
Nanjing Normal University
Hu Di is a Lector of Nanjing Normal University. His research interests is Historical GIS.
A lecturer of college of nanjing normal university of geoscience research direction for the history of GIS, the geographic modeling environment. The management or as a leading researchers involved in a number of national and provincial project topics. Published more than 10 papers, the first author or corresponding author article 8 (SCI article 2, EI included three articles, CSSCI included 1). Won two national invention patents.
Jiangsu Center for Collaborative Innovation in Geographical Information Resource Development and Application
Jiang Nan is a professor of Nanjing Normal University. His research interests is cartography and GIS.
Key Laboratory of Virtual Geographic Environment (Nanjing Normal University), Ministry of Education
Hu Di is a Lector of Nanjing Normal University. Her research interests is GIS data processing.
Jiangsu Surveying & Mapping Engineering Institute
Song Yubing is a Head Engineer of Nanjing Normal Universit. Her research interests is GIS application.
The asset you are trying to access is locked. Please enter your access key to unlock.