VP of Medical Affairs
• Dr Martyn Thomas Biography
• DR M R Thomas MD FRCP
• Qualified from St Bartholomews Hospital, London 1982.
• Trained in Cardiology at Kings College Hospital, London.
• Became Director of Cardiology Services at Kings College Hospital from 2003 to 2006
• Moved to St Thomas Hospital London in 2007. Director of Cardiovascular Services St Thomas’ Hospital 2007 to October 2014.
• President British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS) 2004-2008.
• Performed the first case of Edwards Sapien Valve implantation in the United Kingdom.
• Previous co-PI of the SOURCE Registries of TAVI using the Edwards Sapien THV device.
• Chairman and founder of PCR London Valves and Member of the PCR Board.
• Programme committee member of TCT and TVT.
• Multiple publications in pier reviewed journals on the topic of TAVI.
• Lead of team who performed first 3 cases of the Edwards Fortis Mitral Valve implants in the world in February 2014.
• Left practice in October 2014 to become VP of Medical Affairs at Edwards Lifesciences.
• Relocated to Southern California on Jan 8th 2015!!