Category: Neuro-Audiology (NA)
This study aimed to evaluate the performance of children with and without learning difficulties based on an online program, developed as a screening tool of auditory abilities, as well as to correlate the scores obtained in each group in a self-report questionnaire to the performance on auditory screening. Our results demonstrates the effectiveness of the online auditory program screening to distinguish children with and without learning difficulties and more studies are necessary, regarding it specificity and sensibility.
Diana Faria– CEV - Centros de Estudos da Voz, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ingrid Gielow– CEV - Centros de Estudos da Voz, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Maria Isabel Amaral– Adjunct Professor , State University of Campinas, Campinas - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leticia Borges– PhD Student, State University of Campinas, CAMPINAS, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Maria Francisca Colella-Santos– Associate Professor, Faculty Medical Sciences/State University of Campinas-Unicamp, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
State University of Campinas
Campinas - SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Maria Isabel Ramos do Amaral
PhD - Adjunct Professor at Department of Human Development and Rehabilitation / Graduate Course in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, State University of Campinas (FCM / UNICAMP), Brazil.
Experience in Clinical Audiology (Basic Audiological Evaluation and Electrophysiological Assessment of Hearing), Auditory Screening, Selection and Adaptation of Hearing Aids , (Central) Auditory Processing - Behavioral assessment and Audtory Training. Current lines of research are: audiological diagnosis - Adult and child, electrophysiological and behavioral evaluation of (central) auditory processing
State University of Campinas
CAMPINAS, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ph.D. student Leticia Reis Borges, Audiologist. Faculty of Medical Science – State University of Campinas – Campinas/ SP/Brasil
• Graduated in Speech Therapy/Audiology - Pontifical Catholic University of Campinas (2002).
• Specialist in Clinical Audiology (2004) - Holy House of Mercy/São Paulo.
• Practical training and observation in Clinical Audiology at Hearing & Balance Centre / St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney – Australia. From August 2005 to May 2006.
• Master's degree (2012) in Medical Sciences - State University of Campinas/Unicamp.
• Ph.D. student at the Post-Graduate Program for Children and Adolescent Health, Faculty of Medical Sciences - State University of Campinas since 2013.
• International intership to complete my Ph.D. at the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne/Australia - 2016
• Clinical Experience: Audiological evaluation, Auditory Processing assessment, Auditory Training, Electrophysiological assessment otoacoustic emissions, Otoneurology Evaluation and Bone Anchored Hearing Aid assessment and fitting.
• Research interests: audiological diagnosis in children through behavioral and electrophysiological assessment, Auditory Processing evaluation and Auditory Training.
Faculty Medical Sciences/State University of Campinas-Unicamp
Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Maria Francisca Colella-Santos, Audiologyst, PhD in Human Communication Disorders, Universidade Federal de São Paulo, UNIFESP, São Paulo, Brazil,Associate Professor at the Department of Development Human and Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas (FCM/UNICAMP), Brazil.Studies areas:neonatal hearing screening,audiological children diagnostic , central auditory processing.