This session brings together librarians, ebook vendors, and collection development service providers in a wide-ranging discussion on the changing landscape of monograph acquisitions. Shannon and Clarke will discuss their assessment process of combining, analyzing, and visualizing print and ebook usage data with Tableau and R to make better-informed ordering decisions. Kari and Kim will provide an overview of trends in the market, including library purchasing patterns and acquisition models to meet libraries’ needs.
At the end of this program, participants will...
1. Discover dynamic ways of visualizing collection usage data in order to make more informed collections decisions
2. Think holistically about usage evaluation across book formats and ebook platforms
3. Conduct an analysis of their own print and ebook collections in order to determine trends and usage patterns
This program is intended for...
1. People interested in collection analysis and who want to identify takeaways for their collections.
2. People looking to grow their knowledge and experience on collection development.
3. People with experience in the topic, but who are transitioning to greater responsibilities in this area.
Co-sponsored by the ALCTS Acquisitions Managers and Vendors Interest Group (AMVIG) and the ALCTS Collection Development Librarians of Academic Libraries Interest Group
Meeting Type: Program
Content Area: Transforming: E-Books & Collections
Interests: Acquisitions, Assessment and Evaluation, Collection Development, Ebooks, Electronic Resources
Type of Library: Academic, Public, School/Media Center, Special
Cost: Included with full conference registration.