Digital Strategist for Knowledge Management
Makaia / Beyond Access
Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
I'm a Digital strategist for Knowledge Management: Using Social Media, Digital Marketing, Web 3.0 (Semantic) and ICT to promote innovation and development in organizations, companies and cities. With over 17 years of experience in the application of principles of the Digital Culture*, some of my recent projects are:
1. Workshop: Digital Culture for the library and the librarian of the XXI century. Bank of the Republic. Colombia Tour http://j.mp/bibliocolombia
2. Participatory planning (Design Thinking) to enhance Digital Culture in Libraries: #PlanBibliotecasMDE - Outliers School http://ow.ly/zz5xe
3. Deconstructing the Information Commons: from MakerSpaces to the Smart Library, a Colombian Perspective. University of Miami. http://ow.ly/zz5CI
4. Puerto Rico and Colombia: Enhancing the library to empower Communities in the digital age | ALA 2014 Annual Conference Poster Session http://ow.ly/zz5HJ
With studies in Engineering and Library and Information Science -LIS- and formal training in Top management, innovation management and participatory planning, I have a multidisciplinary approach that allows me to face challenges from disruptive perspectives.
I deeply believe that sharing knowledge is the best way to learn, so I have had the pleasure of being invited as international lecturer and teacher on topics related to Library, Digital Culture, Entrepreneurship, Social Networks and Technology.
* Specialities and principles associated with the digital culture that I apply in my professional consultancy: Social Networks, Social Media, Curated content (Content Curation), Mobility (Mobile Apps), Geolocation, Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding (collaborative and massive project financing or development) , Ubiquity, DIY ("Do-it-yourself"), Design Thinking and disintermediation.
Sunday, June 26
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM