APM 2016, November 9-12, Austin, TexasWelcome to APM 2016
The Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine welcomes you to the 2016 Annual Meeting, this year scheduled to take place at the JW Marriott, Austin, Texas.
APM President Steve Epstein, MD, FAPM, has chosen a conference theme of "Brain, Mind and Body: Why Every PM Psychiatrist Should Care About Neuroscience". Enhanced knowledge of clinical neuroscience can greatly improve assessment and treatment of the many PM patients with complex neuropsychiatric conditions. The meeting will include plenary sessions from neuroscience experts, practical sessions on the treatment of neuropsychiatric patients, and additional content to educate attendees about the latest findings in neuroscience relevant to the day-to-day practice of Psychosomatic Medicine.
Here's just a sample of what you'll experience at this year's meeting:
- An all-day "Essentials of Psychosomatic Medicine" course, featuring 11 speakers providing everything you need to know today about psychosomatic medicine
- Eight pre-conference Skills Courses
- Wednesday evening special event: "Bringing Collaborative Care to Clinical Practice: Pipeline or Pipe Dream?" argued by Drs. Kurt Kroenke, Michael Sharpe and Peter Shapiro
- Three plenary sessions: "Sad and Angry: What Neuropsychiatry Can Tell Us About Treating Negative Emotional States"; "Pathophysiology of Functional Movement Disorders"; and "Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of Infectious Disease Across the Lifespan: Lyme Disease and PANDAS"
- Saturday morning special event: "Controversial Clinical Management Scenarios in Psychosomatic Medicine: A Debate" argued by Drs. Ted Stern and Jose Maldonado
- 160+ scientific posters; 44 oral papers; 67 General Sessions
- Research for Researchers special workshop
- Up to 30 hours of CME credit available
- Special Interest Group meetings
- Career Consultations for trainees and early career psychiatrists
- Social events to promote networking opportunities
- Local outings to allow you and and/or your entourage to enjoy this fun city
The city of Austin has a unique way of doing just about everything. All the time. From the nearly 200 live music venues – making it the "Live Music Capital of the World" – to the trendy "street eats" springing up all over town. If you're looking for an authentic Texan experience, Austin is it. And if you’re looking for upscale, unique accommodations, look no further than the JW Marriott Austin, location for the 2016 annual meeting. This new choice in downtown Austin luxury hotels brings meetings and events to a whole new level.
Simply put, it is an unparalleled destination. That’s Austin.
To subscribe to our e-newsletter for further announcements, please visit this page of the APM website.
Build Your Itinerary
The Itinerary Builder allows meeting participants the opportunity to view the complete schedule of events, organized by date, time and track, and to review session descriptions and respective speakers. Features of the Itinerary Builder include:
- Search or browse for sessions using the options at left
- Review descriptions and speakers by clicking on program titles
- Use ‘My Itinerary’ to build a personalized list of your preferred event activities
- Use the Quick Start Guide to get started.
View Full Schedule